Jun 18, 2008

A day full of speeches (I can just see it ahead of me)

'Morning to all. I know what you're thinking: who on earth would blog at 6 am? Well that would be me. I actually do tons of stuff at 6 am or earlier. I work my best in the early hours of the day. However it is not my choice to be up so early today. I have to be at my brother's elementary graduation by 8:30 and I had some spare time after I got ready. So I'll sit down and notice that around me there will be no one under 30, except me of course. Every one else will be intently listen to the boring speeches, happily waiting for their son's or daughter's names to be called, taking pictures, and I will be sitting down staring at my not no so nice pair of small heels wishing that I could be barefoot, playing volley ball in a beach in the Bahamas. Don't we all? Unless of course you are one of those people who has it all, and is sitting in a white beach, watching the people scuba diving, and waving to your boyfriend as he surfs by. (Not that I have anything against you). Anyway, by the time that is done I will have to rush home, change into attire more appropriate for work (my first day at the small bookstore) and rush off again. There I'm supposed to ask the "boss" what I will be earning. How am I supposed to that? I can't walk in and be all like "Hi. I'm Mariana, so before I do anything I wanted to know how much I’ll be getting and paid and what. Oh okay thanks!" It's not like I don't want to know, I'm dying to, but it just seems so weird to walk up to whoever is barking orders at me and ask them. After much of the afternoon (which will probably be spent cleaning bathrooms and windows as I was told in my interview I would be asked to do, yay!) there will be a book launch event, one which I will have to presence with my mom there. Yep, she's gonna be there, waving and talking to people while she watches me to see what I have to do. The author is her best friend so I was kind of expecting to see her there anyway. What does the event mean: more boring speeches! I can just see the day now: Blah, blah, blah, do this, do that, blah, blah...

But hey, I can't go into this with a pessimistic mind set. I won't. Maybe I will enjoy cleaning dirty toilets and showing people around a small bookstore, after patiently having to say to millions of parents I don't know, and kids I don't care about. Well, I gotta go put caffeine in all my drinks and eat lots of sugar, but don't worry, blogging is the only thing keeping me from complete and utter boredom, so I will be back tonight with 411 on the actual events of the day, rather than the predicted ones.

xoxo,

jen coop

No comments: