Jun 17, 2008

Summer has begun

Hey Everyone! Well I have officially decided to start my blog today, the day before summer starts. Ok, so I'm lying. Summer started last Friday, the 13th, for me (huh? what does that say about this summer...), but the rest of the school is really still on, I just happened to have my last exam on Friday with the rest of my grade. For those who are wondering I'm a freshmen at high school, a perfect age for a lot of fun and a wild summer. I however don't expect mine to be so over the top. I'm being pessimistic, you would think, or maybe annoying. And the truth is that I very possibly am. But how much fun can it be spending the whole summer in my town working at the small local bookstore. I love books, I read all the time, and I adore the idea f having some extra spending money, but that as my whole summer? However I bet its not going to be a dull one, at least not for my readers. Knowing my luck, and trust me, I do, I will encounter innumerable awkward situations, many embarrassing moments, and more than enough stupid events that will make me wish the earth would swallow me whole and you crack up. But back to the story on why I started the blog today. I start my job tomorrow at noon, with a big book launch event. Nice time to get to know the place and the people I will be working with. Any mistake I make (and it is very likely I make a couple) tons of people will be around to see it. Before this I had two days of summer (not counting the weekend because by then it still felt like I was in school) and all I've done is been at several goodbye parties for 5 of my friends that are leaving for good:(. All, as i expected, were uneventful. I hope I can say the same about this summer in August, except if I can account for anything good, but I probably won't be able to.

So ready or not, here we go, into the very possibly embarrassingly dull summer that lies ahead!

xoxo,

jen coop

1 comment:

justagirl said...

hey:) keep blogging! I happen to be a girl who stumbled across your blog and i looove it!!!